I hate stuff on my counters. It's really hard to keep them cleaned off and organized. It's too easy to just throw stuff down and let it sit there.
Today while cleaning off all the stuff I had a moment of brilliance. No Pinterest inspiration here. Just straight out of my own head. I knew there had to be something in my garage that I could use and make for free that would clear off my clunky knife block and give me more space. Not much more space but at least it would be one less thing to stare at.
I went out to the garage and found a piece of wood that worked perfectly. So here's how you can make your own knife holder for your drawers.
First, measure the width of your drawer.
Cut down a piece of wood to fit tightly in the drawer so you don't have to use any brackets to hold the wood in place. Draw a line at the bottom of the wood so you know how far down to make your cuts. My slots are spaced 1 inch apart. The last slot on the right is longer for my biggest knife to fit.
Make sure your wood fits in the drawer and looks right. Then prime and paint if you choose.
After the everything is dry put the wood back in the drawer and place your knives in the drawer.
It's that simple and it didn't even take that long to make.
I hope you have a great week!









1 comment:
you rock mom! Gooooo mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment